After a long year, you may have been anticipating the holidays as an opportunity to feel a sense of normalcy. With the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in past weeks, however, enjoying your favorite seasonal traditions may not be possible. Prioritizing healthy and safety over gatherings and festivities can cause disappointment, stress, anxiety or isolation.
To help you cope with these feelings and maintain your emotional wellbeing this unusual holiday season, SupportLinc offers a variety of resources you can use to:
- Manage COVID Fatigue – A new trend you may be experiencing is COVID Fatigue. Also known as “caution fatigue”, it is an overall sense of exhaustion and stress in the midst of the pandemic. Taking regular breaks to recharge are important to prevent burnout or avoid becoming overwhelmed. The Resilience Boosters are quick, five-to-seven minute guided exercises that offer an easy way to relax and reset.
- Celebrate Safely – The Coronavirus Toolkit has been updated with the latest information from health experts to help you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe during the holiday season.
- Navigate Holiday Stress – While this season can be a time of joy and memorable opportunities, extra activities such as decorating, cooking and gift buying can feel burdensome. Visit the Holiday Toolkit and find useful tips, expert guidance and other resources to help you make the most of the holidays this year.
- Maximize Your Savings – The pandemic has affected household finances in many ways this year. Watch the Creating a Budget flash course for tips to control holiday spending or get started on financial planning for 2021. The Savings Center offers a variety of discounts and coupons you can use for a successful holiday shopping experience without breaking the bank.
- Recognize Your Challenges – There is no right or wrong way to react in challenging circumstances. Resources such as the Mental Health Tip Sheet can offer healthy practices for managing stress, anxiety or uncertainty. The Wellbeing Place blog is another great resource where you’ll find posts ranging from Journaling for Stress Management to recipes for healthy yet indulgent snacks like Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Finally, sharing what you are experiencing can help ease concerns and boost your ability to cope. Reach out to a trusted confidant to talk about feelings of frustration, sadness and loneliness.
If you need in-the-moment support, contact a licensed clinician for no-cost, confidential guidance and resources by calling SupportLinc at 1-888-881-5462, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.